- This event has passed.
Paper Prototyping Workshop
June 1 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Interactive workshop covering Paper Prototyping. Learn what they are, when to use them, make one of your own, and even playtest them live!
About this event
Making a digital prototype of your game is one of the best ways to test if it’s actually a fun concept, but it can take so much time! That’s why the pros sometimes use a magical concept called Paper Prototyping instead.
In a Paper Prototype you don’t touch a single line of code or an IDE. Instead you get crafty! Slap together some pieces of paper and colored cubes and find somebody to try playing your game.
Whether you’re a programmer looking to explore a concept or new to game design entirely, this workshop is right for you!
We will cover:
• What a Paper Prototype actually is
• The strengths and weaknesses of using them
• How to effectively put one together
• How to run a playtest using one
Our schedule will work as follows:
• 6:30pm-6:40pm EST: Introduction and Welcome
• 6:40pm -7:10p EST: Lecture and Instruction
• 7:10pm – 7:50pm: Make your own Paper Prototype
• 7:50pm – 8:20pm: Pair with another creator and play your games!
• 8:20pm – 8:30pm: Closing
If you are planning to attend this event, please secure yourself some goodies!
• Plain paper
• Markers/Writing Utensils
• Colored paper
And get creative! Whatever materials you get can be used to make your prototype more epic! The more the better.
The Event is hosted on Zoom. The Zoom link will be sent 10 minutes prior to class starting.
We hope to see you all soon!